Group Chief Executive
Nicola “Nicky” Foulston took over the commercial management of the pioneering law firm, Rosenblatt in September 2016. In May 2018, the Firm was listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange as Rosenblatt Group plc, having raised more than £40 million. Following the acquisition of boutique M&A firm, Convex Capital in September 2019, the Group was renamed RBG Holdings plc. As well as Group CEO of RBG Holdings, Nicky continues to manage Rosenblatt as Chairman/CEO, as well as the Group’s litigation finance business, LionFish Litigation Finance (UK) Limited and chairs Convex Capital.
Nicky has had a long, successful business career. From 1990, she was CEO of the Brands Hatch Leisure Group (“Brands Hatch”). Initially valued at £6 million, she led transformational changes to the Company’s operations and financial management over the next six years. In 1996, Brands Hatch was floated on the London Stock Exchange and sold three years later to Interpublic for $195 million. At the time Brands Hatch was the largest organiser and promoter of motorsport in Europe. She was subsequently named Veuve Clicquot “Business Woman of the Year” in 1996 and she remains the award’s youngest ever recipient at the age of 29.
After Brands Hatch, Nicky ran a family office with private equity investments in the USA and Europe, before joining Rosenblatt. From 2014 to 2018, she was a Board Member of the UK Government’s Industrial Development Advisory Board.
Chief Financial Officer
Robert Parker has more than two decades of experience in scaling high-growth, multi-cultural, international companies in a variety of industries. These include business services, technology, digital media and telecoms. His recent roles include interim CFO at Tantalum Corp and CLA Limited, as well as permanent positions at Ubisense plc and Immedia Broadcasting plc. During his career, Robert has worked extensively with public funds, private equity, and venture capital investors to build businesses.
With an extensive experience of demanding business environments, Robert has considerable knowledge of fundraising, cash and working capital management, business analysis and improvement, cost reduction, M&A and strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting.
Group Company Secretary
A chartered governance professional with 25 years’ experience gained from a range of business areas including the pharmaceutical sector, not for profit and charitable organisations, investment trusts and professional practice. During his career, he has been the Company Secretary for an AIM company amongst other entities. He also holds a Masters in Strategic Financial Management from Kingston University.
Barry’s early career was spent in The Royal Marines, he served in Northern Ireland, South America as well as numerous jungle and arctic deployments. Upon leaving he built a Support Service business from start up to a market leading national company, which was acquired in 2009 by PHS Group.
In 2009 he was one of the founders of Protection Vessels International, a maritime security business which grew rapidly achieving 3rd and 5th in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2012 and 2013. Barry was also featured twice in the Lloyds List Top 100 Most Influential People in Shipping (36th and 39th) the only security company CEO to do so.
In 2012 he founded Protection Group International a Cyber Security and Intelligence business, which has grown into one of the UK’s leading SME’s in this field. He has worked extensively with large corporates, UK and International Government and HNW sector.
Administration Director & Partner, Dispute Resolution
Clients, both corporate and individual, and fellow legal professionals turn to Rosenblatt’s Dispute Resolution team for incisive action on contentious commercial issues. The team has acquired an outstanding international reputation for its success in litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, and for its skill in smoothing the path to a positive outcome.
Anthony Field trained at Rosenblatt, becoming a partner in 2008 in the firm’s Dispute Resolution Department. Anthony has extensive experience of commercial disputes, company/shareholder disputes, banking disputes (including mis-selling of interest rate swap products) and negligence claims (including professional negligence). Anthony also has extensive experience in property and landlord/tenant disputes, including breach of covenants, forfeiture, withholding consent, lease renewals and dilapidations.
Anthony regularly advises on issues of insolvency and acts on behalf of office holders in relation to their appointments (both out of court and by court application) and advising on various matters arising out of the insolvency, including increasing the insolvent estate, the validity of creditors’ claims, disclaimers of leases and directors’ conduct.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for Stobart Group in all aspects of its dispute with Andrew Tinkler, including advising the Company in relation to a hostile general meeting and attempt to remove the Chairman, advising on the termination and removal of an errant executive director and leading the litigation which culminated in an expedited trial to determine liability. The court found that the Defendant had been lawfully dismissed and removed as a director, in a judgment which considered the responsibilities of directors in their interactions with the board and with shareholders. Stobart Group Ltd v Tinkler  EWHC 258 (Comm).
- Acting for Richard Desmond in his claims against Credit Suisse International and GLG Partners LP in relation to the mis-selling of a Total Return Swap and advice in relation to its unwind.
- Advising Express Newspapers in relation to the Leveson Inquiry.
- Advising The Health Lottery in relation to the judicial review brought by Camelot ( EWHC 2391 (Admin)).
- Acting against a leading bank in relation to the mis-selling of an interest rate swap, which resulted in a multi-million pound settlement shortly before trial.
- Acting for a shareholder of a joint venture company claiming unfair prejudice ( EWHC 2810 (Ch),  EWHC 1362 (Ch) and  EWHC 3334 (Ch)).
- Advising a bank in relation to enforcement of its security against certain of its customers within the Dawnay Day group.
- Acting for an outgoing tenant and successfully negotiating a substantial reduction to the landlord’s dilapidations claim.
- Acting for a group of investors in an Enterprise Zone Scheme in relation to a claim against their financial advisers.
- Acting for administrators in opposing an application to remove them from office and subsequent applications dealing with the conduct of the administration.
- Obtaining summary judgement for Seymour Pierce Limited in a claim against the owners of Birmingham City FC ( EWHC 676 (QB)).
- Obtaining summary judgement for a private equity company against its main investor who unilaterally decided not to comply with any future calls for investment funds ( EWHC 2841 (QB)).
Director and Partner, Head of Corporate
Jon Lovitt joined Rosenblatt in 2005, having previously worked in boutique city corporate finance law firms.
He has acted on a number of high value transactions across a number of industry sectors for many institutional, corporate and individual clients in areas such as: mergers and acquisitions; private equity fundraisings; initial public offerings; secondary issues; City Code takeovers; venture capital investments; joint ventures and partnership matters, and shareholder-related issues. Jon has also advised funders, vendors and management in relation to management buy-outs and buy-ins.
Jon acted as lead Partner in the acquisition and subsequent IPO by RBG Holdings plc (formerly known as Rosenblatt Group plc) of the business of Rosenblatt Solicitors.
Suzanne Drakeford-Lewis has worked in business support and finance roles in a variety of industries. She has spent the last decade in the legal services sector and prior to this worked extensively for multinational corporations in the FMCG and technology sectors. Her recent roles include Financial Controller at BDB Pitmans LLP, Interim FD of the PC division of Hewlett Packard UK and Financial Planning and Analysis Manager Roles at Xansa plc and Black & Decker UK.
Having worked in varied business environments, Suzanne has gained extensive experience of financial management and control, financial reporting, business analysis and planning, M&A and fund raising.