Administration Director & Partner, Dispute Resolution
Clients, both corporate and individual, and fellow legal professionals turn to Rosenblatt’s Dispute Resolution team for incisive action on contentious commercial issues. The team has acquired an outstanding international reputation for its success in litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, and for its skill in smoothing the path to a positive outcome.
Anthony Field trained at Rosenblatt, becoming a partner in 2008 in the firm’s Dispute Resolution Department. Anthony has extensive experience of commercial disputes, company/shareholder disputes, banking disputes (including mis-selling of interest rate swap products) and negligence claims (including professional negligence). Anthony also has extensive experience in property and landlord/tenant disputes, including breach of covenants, forfeiture, withholding consent, lease renewals and dilapidations.
Anthony regularly advises on issues of insolvency and acts on behalf of office holders in relation to their appointments (both out of court and by court application) and advising on various matters arising out of the insolvency, including increasing the insolvent estate, the validity of creditors’ claims, disclaimers of leases and directors’ conduct.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for Stobart Group in all aspects of its dispute with Andrew Tinkler, including advising the Company in relation to a hostile general meeting and attempt to remove the Chairman, advising on the termination and removal of an errant executive director and leading the litigation which culminated in an expedited trial to determine liability. The court found that the Defendant had been lawfully dismissed and removed as a shareholder, in a judgment which considered the responsibilities of directors in their interactions with the board and with shareholders. Stobart Group Ltd v Tinkler  EWHC 258 (Comm).
- Acting for Richard Desmond in his claims against Credit Suisse International and GLG Partners LP in relation to the mis-selling of a Total Return Swap and advice in relation to its unwind.
- Advising Express Newspapers in relation to the Leveson Inquiry.
- Advising The Health Lottery in relation to the judicial review brought by Camelot ( EWHC 2391 (Admin)).
- Acting against a leading bank in relation to the mis-selling of an interest rate swap, which resulted in a multi-million pound settlement shortly before trial.
- Acting for a shareholder of a joint venture company claiming unfair prejudice ( EWHC 2810 (Ch),  EWHC 1362 (Ch) and  EWHC 3334 (Ch)).
- Advising a bank in relation to enforcement of its security against certain of its customers within the Dawnay Day group.
- Acting for an outgoing tenant and successfully negotiating a substantial reduction to the landlord’s dilapidations claim.
- Acting for a group of investors in an Enterprise Zone Scheme in relation to a claim against their financial advisers.
- Acting for administrators in opposing an application to remove them from office and subsequent applications dealing with the conduct of the administration.
- Obtaining summary judgement for Seymour Pierce Limited in a claim against the owners of Birmingham City FC ( EWHC 676 (QB)).
- Obtaining summary judgement for a private equity company against its main investor who unilaterally decided not to comply with any future calls for investment funds ( EWHC 2841 (QB)).