Head of Commercial & IP/Technology/Media, Partner
Anthony is a partner and commercial lawyer specialising in non-contentious matters including IT, IP, data protection and outsourcing (ITO, BPO and communications).
Anthony has more than 25 years of experience as a commercial IT lawyer and advises on all manner of transactions ranging from bread and butter software licensing through to complex procurement, software development and outsourcing transactions for major institutions. He acts for technology suppliers and buyers in both the private and public sectors and has particular expertise in relation to cloud computing.
Anthony also specialises in data protection, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), intellectual property law, electronic and mobile commerce, and freedom of information. His practice extends to wider commercial transactions including joint ventures, distribution arrangements, licensing and franchising.
Anthony is ranked as a leading individual by Chamber UK for his IT expertise who say that he is: “Noted for his comprehensive commercial, IP and data privacy support to emerging and established technology companies.”
According to The Legal 500, “Anthony Lee’s answers are much clearer and more insightful than many others in the market. He knows his subject and is clear about any limitations and aspects of the law that remain ambiguous and untested.”
Recent work includes:
- Advising a number of organisation on compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation including advising on the requirements surrounding data handling by third parties and international transfers
- Advising a leading provider of human capital management solutions on the negotiation of framework agreement with an IT consultancy to underpin the design, configuration and roll out of SAP’s cloud-based HR solution into a major utility provider
- Preparing standard terms and conditions for a UK head-quartered provider of infrastructure-as-a-service and co-location services
- Advising on a 5 year multi-million pound outsourcing agreement to underpin the provision of managed print services, including digital printing, into a central government department
- Advising an information-as-a-service business on the negotiation of a software development agreement to assist in the development of certain products using the Agile methodology to complement its proprietary search engine and database engine technologies