Partner, Dispute Resolution
Danielle Carr is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team at Rosenblatt.
Danielle’s commercial litigation, international arbitration and ADR practice focuses on complex (often cross-border) disputes involving insolvency, fraud, trusts, contract, media, IP, professional negligence claims, corporate and regulatory issues, shareholder disputes and group litigation. Danielle’s experience includes obtaining urgent injunctive relief and freezing orders in the English courts. Much of her work is in emerging areas within the TMT, Cryptocurrency and Blockchain, Energy, Banking and Professional Services sectors.
An experienced lawyer, Danielle has worked in the UK, Middle East and Australia, including with international law firm Herbert Smith Freehills.
Danielle is a Legal 500 (2019) UK Recommended Lawyer in commercial litigation. She regularly speaks at global conferences, publishes articles, and delivered dispute resolution courses for ISDE’s 2017 Masters in International Business Law, Contracting and International Relations. Danielle has appeared as a legal expert on BBC Radio 4 and is on the LexisPSL case analysis specialist panel of authors.
- Acting for an international construction company in a London seated arbitration against a State Respondent in a multi-billion dollar claim arising out of a contract for the supply and processing of natural gas
- Acting for the administrators of 19 European companies in connection with a USD $7billion dispute arising from the global insolvency and sale of the corporate group
- Acting for an Iberian biofuels manufacturer in significant English court claims arising from a commodities dispute with a major international oil trader
- Obtaining urgent injunctive relief on behalf of a foreign company in the English courts, including in accordance with the Chabra jurisdiction
- Acting in proceedings involving online trading platforms and cryptocurrencies
- Acting for a major Latin American oil and gas company in a London-seated LCIA arbitration concerning disputes with a Norwegian rig owner
- Advising US lawyers in connection with the issue of letters of request to the English court arising from significant disputes against a global financial institution
- Acting for a Spanish listed company in disputes in connection with the sale of a significant commercial property portfolio
- Acting for a leading global professional services practice in connection with negligence claims arising from the collapse of its former client in the Middle East
- Acting for a renowned FMCG group in contractual, breach of confidence and associated disputes with a former officer
- Assisting an international group in connection with bribery and corruption issues and a consequential shareholder dispute arising out of activities in Africa
- Acting for a joint venture partner in disputes concerning investments in a Spanish petroleum consortium
- Advising in connection with the judicial recognition of foreign insolvency proceedings in English courts
- Acting in a cross-border shareholder dispute, including in defence of an unfair prejudice petition and derivative claims
- Acting in defence of a major class action commenced by shareholders concerning disclosures associated with Collateralised Debt Obligations (CDOs)
- Acting for a group of 20 international banks on appeals relating to a major corporate collapse in Australia, with complex issues around directors’ duties and accessorial liability
- Acting in landmark tax litigation in respect of franking of distributions on hybrid securities
- Acting in emerging areas, including: cross-border cryptocurrency disputes; ‘right to be forgotten’ applications; data subject access requests (SARs); and data protection strategies arising post-GDPR
- Acting for clients responding to requests from/making submissions to regulatory authorities; and in internal investigations