Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution
Lucy joined Rosenblatt’s Dispute Resolution Department in May 2012. Lucy has extensive experience in high-value, complex and multi-jurisdictional litigation with a focus on financial service claims, commercial disputes, company/shareholder disputes, breach of duty and professional negligence claims. Lucy’s work in these areas has included numerous urgent court applications and injunctions. Lucy has also advised clients in insolvency cases, representing the interests of both office holders and creditors and advised clients facing investigations by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for Stobart Group in relation to an attempted boardroom coup by its founder and former CEO, Andrew Tinkler, including advising on strategy for a hostile AGM, advising on the termination and removal of Mr Tinkler as an executive director and assisting on the litigation which culminated in a two week expedited trial to determine liability. The company was found by the court to have lawfully dismissed and removed Mr Tinkler as a director (Stobart Group Ltd v Tinkler  EWHC 258 (Comm)).
- Acting for Air Partner Plc carrying out an extensive investigation into accounting and audit irregularities.
- Representing a group of creditors and sub-note holders of a company in liquidation in having hostile liquidators removed from office and replaced.
- Obtaining urgent freezing orders, third party disclosure orders and inspection orders for a client upon the discovery of suspected unlawful activity of an employee involving fake invoices and unlawful payments.
- Obtaining an interim injunction preventing defendant department store from acting on a purported notice to the client terminating its concession in the store.
- Acting for a client company in a claim against an international investment bank for breach of duty and breaches of contract in the execution by the bank of trades.
- Acting for a group of investors in an Enterprise Zone Scheme in relation to a claim against their tax and financial advisers.
- Representing administrators in securing the recovery of money from the former director of a company in administration for the benefit of the company’s creditors.