Senior Solicitor, Real Estate
Martin specialises in general commercial real estate with a mixture of development, commercial leases, the property aspects of funding and corporate sales and purchases in addition to all aspects of commercial property management. In addition, Martin acts on behalf of a number of high net worth individuals and their private offices in respect of their property investments. Martin qualified as a Solicitor in 1981.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for a major plc in the acquisition of a substantial docklands development site (including ongoing work in respect of the project).
- Acting in the asset sale of a hotel portfolio, the transaction value being in excess of £30 million.
- Dealing with the property aspects of the refinancing of a London landmark building, the financing being in excess of £75 million.
- Acting in respect of the property aspects in the purchase of a nationwide printing/ photocopying company involving 40 properties.
- Acting in the purchase of a school (non-trading) for an overseas client for the sum of £7.5m and subsequently selling the school (less part retained for development) for £10m.
- Acting on behalf of an overseas property fund in respect of a number of strategic office lettings at a substantial West End building