Partner, Insolvency & Restructuring
Prior to joining Rosenblatt in June 2017, Paul spent his entire career practicing insolvency and restructuring law in leading international law firms and has worked on some of the largest and most well-known global restructurings and insolvency proceedings. During Paul’s career he has experienced the full range of international and domestic business restructuring and insolvency transactions and matters.
Paul joined Rosenblatt in June 2017, having previously worked in the insolvency and restructuring teams at Ashurst LLP and Weil, Gotshal & Manges’ London office.
During Paul’s career he has experienced the full range of international and domestic business restructuring and insolvency transactions. Paul has worked on some of the largest and most well-known global restructuring and insolvency matters including the Chapter 11 of Lehman Brothers, the special administration of MF Global, the multi-billion dollar Chapter 11 restructuring of LyondellBasell and the multi-jurisdictional insolvency of the Nortel Networks group.
- Cross-border restructuring experience includes matters in North America, across Europe, the Middle East, the Asia Pacific region and in emerging markets
- Most recently Paul has worked on a number of oil and gas restructurings in addition to complex fraud situations and asset recovery mandates
- Paul has also completed a secondment to the Investment Banking Division of Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Publications and speaking engagements
- Since 2014 Paul has presented an LLM module on pension considerations for distressed companies at University College London
- Paul has also written articles on a range of restructuring topics and co-authored a report by the Association of Financial Markets in Europe on the potential economic gains from reforming insolvency laws in Europe
Qualifications and professional memberships
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Member of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3)
- Member of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association
- Former committee member of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association Associate Committee
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in relation to various UK and European restructuring and workout matters
- the special administrators (KPMG) of MF Global UK Limited in relation to and following the first ever filing under the UK Special Administration Regime
- Endeavour Energy in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- PwC in relation to the administration of the UK retail chain La Senza
- in connection with the first ever corporate bankruptcy administration proceedings in the Republic of Kosovo
- Ambac in relation to monoline exposures
- the mezzanine investor group on the restructuring of Findus Foods
- the U.S. Official Committee of Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc.
- Readers Digest in its second Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- the pre-packaged administration and sale of the Vanco Group
- the Gala Coral Group in relation to the restructuring of £2.8 billion of debt facilities
- Deloitte in relation to the administration of the retail chain Land of Leather
- Representing various global investment banks on their capital resolution plans
- the ad hoc bondholder group in relation to the out-of-court restructuring of a UK plc
- creditors in connection with the global insolvency filings of Oi telecom and Hanjin Shipping