Partner, Insolvency & Restructuring
Prior to joining Rosenblatt in June 2017, Paul spent his entire career practicing insolvency and restructuring law in leading international law firms and has worked on some of the largest and most well-known global restructurings and insolvency proceedings. During Paul’s career he has experienced the full range of international and domestic business restructuring and insolvency transactions and matters.
Paul has extensive experience of domestic and cross-border insolvency and restructuring matters, including representing all types of stakeholders across capital structures in relation to distressed debtors, including company boards, funds, banks, bondholders, agents, ad hoc committees, insolvency practitioners, trade creditors and other parties-in-interest. Paul has worked on cross-border restructuring matters in North America, across Europe, the Middle East, the Asia Pacific region and in emerging markets and is familiar with insolvency and bankruptcy regimes and practices in key markets and regions. Paul has also worked on complex fraud situations and asset recovery mandates. Most recently Paul has worked on a number of oil and gas restructurings and has a particular focus on insolvency advisory work, including formulating and implementing cross-border enforcement and debt recovery strategies.
Cases of note include:
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in relation to various UK and European restructuring and workout matters;
- the special administrators (KPMG) of MF Global UK Limited in relation to and following the first ever filing under the UK Special Administration Regime;
- Endeavour Energy in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings;
- PwC in relation to the administration of the UK retail chain La Senza;
- in connection with the first ever corporate bankruptcy administration proceedings in the Republic of Kosovo;
- Ambac in relation to monoline exposures;
- the mezzanine investor group on the restructuring of Findus Foods;
- the U.S. Official Committee of Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc;
- Readers Digest in its second Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings;
- the pre-packaged administration and sale of the Vanco Group;
- the Gala Coral Group in relation to the restructuring of £2.8 billion of debt facilities;
- Deloitte in relation to the administration of the retail chain Land of Leather;
- Representing various global investment banks on their capital resolution plans;
- the ad hoc bondholder group in relation to the out-of-court restructuring of a UK plc;
- creditors in connection with the global insolvency filings of Oi telecom and Hanjin Shipping.