Head of Insolvency & Partner, Dispute Resolution
Clients, both corporate and individual, and fellow legal professionals turn to Rosenblatt’s Dispute Resolution team for incisive action on contentious commercial issues. The team has acquired an outstanding international reputation for its success in litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, and for its skill in smoothing the path to a positive outcome.
Adrian qualified as a solicitor in 1986. He has spent the majority of his career as a partner in some of the world’s largest U.S. law firms, including terms as managing partner of their London offices, guiding them through periods of significant structural change.
He is a seasoned financial restructuring specialist with an M&A and private equity background who has worked in many parts of the world on ground-breaking restructuring and corporate assignments. These have enabled him to build long lasting legal and business relationships internationally. In addition to non-contentious insolvency and restructuring mandates, he has a busy contentious insolvency and commercial litigation practice with a particular focus on financial markets litigation.
Adrian is responsible for developing the firm’s relationships with law firms in the United States and is responsible for the setting up and development of Rosenblatt’s New Technologies Group.
- Formerly managing partner, London office of O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Formerly managing partner, London office of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Qualifications and professional memberships
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3)
- Member of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association
- Member INSOL International
- Member INSOL Europe
- Representation of a Turkish company listed on the Istanbul stock exchange in relation to its financial restructuring and capital raising.
- Representation of a private equity house in relation to its bid to acquire Coryton Refinery, the major UK asset of the Petroplus group of companies.
- Representation of a New York-based hedge fund in connection with its divestment of assets held by Lehman Brothers International (Europe).
- Advising bondholders in relation to a large Norwegian-based group with affiliates in the U.S., Europe and Australasia.
- Representation of the New York office of an international bank in its capacity as indenture trustee in relation to the restructuring of multiple dual credit-linked notes sold in Asia with a face value of over $1 billion.
- Representation of a senior lender in the financial restructuring of Spanish real estate group, Metrovacesa.
- Representation of a London based fixed income fund in relation to the refinancing of Spanish real estate group, Reyal Urbis.
- Representation of a number of hedge funds including the largest ex-prime-brokerage client of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) in relation to issues arising out of the Lehman Brothers failure.
- Representation of senior creditors in the restructuring of structured investment vehicles, Golden Key, Mainsail and Axon Financial.
- Restructuring the subsidiary of the UK’s largest commercial broadcaster involving the spin-off of its UK and Irish cinema advertising businesses.
- Representation of a Latin American bank in respect of counterparty risk arising from various swap transactions.
- Representation of ING as the Operating Adviser in the restructuring of a £531 million securitisation of a 32-hotel portfolio.
- Representation of the ad hoc committee of B noteholders in the restructuring of Welcome Break Finance plc.
- Representation of the ad hoc committee of bondholders in the proposed restructuring of an Italian-based international food group.
- Representation of a European Formula 1 Team on various issues relating to its investor group, the financing of the team and multiple other contractual issues.
- Representation of an Asian Formula 1 Organizing Committee in connection with its contractual relations with Formula One Management and a potential restructuring.
- Representation of a UK insurer in connection with a European property investment fund and issues concerning the Chapter 11 filing by members of the Global Crossing group of companies.
- Representation of the ad hoc committee of bondholders in the restructuring of a Luxembourg-based global telecommunications investor.
- Representation of the largest public debt holder in the restructuring of a Luxembourg- based international chemicals group.
- Representation of two U.S. financial institutions as joint collateral agents for a syndicate of European banks in the insolvency of a U.S. / European telecommunications group involving a workout in eight European jurisdictions.
- Representation of a U.S. investment bank as collateral agent for a syndicate of European banks in the restructuring, prospective management buyout and, finally, a workout in nine jurisdictions in Europe of a pan-European telecommunications group.
- Representation of various administrators in pre-pack administrations.
- Representation of the UK’s largest commercial broadcaster in complex disputes arising from the financial distress of a number of its major counterparties.
- Representation of the liquidators of an English subsidiary of a recognised brand U.S. group, prosecuting misfeasance actions and antecedent transaction claims.
- Representation of ten missing trader companies and their liquidators in the Bilta (et al) litigation against NatWest Markets Plc and Mercuria in relation to an MTIC fraud in the carbon credit trading markets.
- Representing business claimants in a large group litigation action in the financial services sector.