Chris has a broad cross-border practice across a wide range of industries and sectors (including financial services, healthcare and life sciences, real estate and technology). His main areas of practice are M&A, private equity transactions, joint ventures, securities offerings and other general corporate and limited liability partnership work (including advisory work and restructurings).
Prior to joining Rosenblatt, Chris worked for more than a decade at a US law firm. Chris also has the benefit of a six-month secondment with an international pharmaceuticals company, where he was primarily advising on business development matters and strategic transactions (including proposed acquisitions and disposals of pharmaceutical products and collaboration and in-licensing opportunities).
Recent work includes:
- Acting for Simon Cowell in buying out Sony Music Entertainment’s 75% stake in Syco, bringing an end to their longstanding joint venture. Find out more about the deal below:
- ES Global in connection with the investment made by Flywheel Partners.
- Cincinnati Financial Corporation on its acquisition of Beaufort from Munich Re
- China Re on its acquisition of Chaucer from The Hanover Insurance Group, which was named as a 2019 “Deal of the Year” by the China Business Law Journal.
- A U.S. real estate investment trust in connection with an acquisition of a portfolio of operational care homes, the acquisition and disposal of further operational care homes, related restructurings, forward funding arrangements and joint ventures.
- RoundTable Healthcare Partners and their portfolio companies on several transactions, including the acquisitions of Moberg Pharma’s over-the-counter business (now Advantice Health) and Beaver-Visitec International.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche on its acquisition of a UK-based pre-clinical immuno-oncology company which had developed an antibody with a novel mode of action aimed at depleting regulatory T-cells.
- Rosslyn Data Technologies plc (AIM listed) on its placings, open offer and acquisition of Integritie (UK) Limited.
- A U.S. listed company on the acquisition and disposal of various technologies.
- Heineken, in conjunction with Diageo, on a series of cross-border transactions (including a mandatory takeover offer in Jamaica) as well as certain licensing agreements in Jamaica, Malaysia, Singapore and Ghana.
- Citychamp Watch & Jewellery Group Limited, a Hong Kong listed investment company, on its acquisition of The Dreyfuss Group.
- Zynga Inc. on its acquisition of Wonderland Software Limited.
- A buyer on its financing and acquisition of 65 Fleet Street, London, UK, from the Employees Provident Fund, a Malaysian pension fund.
- Tai United Holdings Limited on several acquisitions and disposals of prime London real estate.
*Some of the above transactions were advised on prior to joining Rosenblatt.