Partner, Real Estate
Emma joined Rosenblatt in February 2021, having previously worked at DLA Piper LLP and Pinsent Masons. She is an experienced development lawyer who specialises in regeneration schemes and infrastructure projects. Emma’s clients include local authorities, public bodies, registered providers, private developers and landowners.
Emma has also developed a niche practice working with Impact Investors to deliver social housing solutions.
“She is a deal maker – resourceful, diligent and able to move transactions forward. ”
“She is amazing technically and one of the calmest people when faced with adversity.” Chambers 2020
Recent work includes:
- Acting for Karla in connection with the delivery of a £260m rolling programme of returning properties into the social housing space with the support of a listed UK based Fund.
- Acting for Asprey Group in connection with a £84m rolling programme of portfolio acquisitions of residential multi let properties to be leased to charities who specialise in rehousing ex offender, ex-military personal, the homeless and other vulnerable groups to be sub-sold and held by a Fund to ensure the continued and long term use of the properties for social housing purposes. This project put over 1500 beds back into the social housing market in 12 months.
- Acting for the Far East Consortium in the acquisition of Ensign House, Canary Wharf London for the delivery of a £250m mixed use redevelopment scheme.
- Acting on multiple land acquisitions for house builders for the delivery of residential schemes in the private sector; including advising on development agreements and strategic land options.
- Acting for a Midlands based developer in the delivery of purely affordable housing schemes on four separate brownfield sites by way of ‘golden brick contracts’ to separate registered providers.
- Acting in a corporate joint venture in the delivery of a 500 unit residential scheme in the north east of England supported by Homes England and LEP funding. For this deal I received the National Grid Sustainability Property Award 2019.
- Acting for National Grid Property Holdings Limited in connection with the disposal of sites for development subject to gasholder demolition and statutory remediation.
- Advising High Speed Two (HS2) Limited on its acquisition of various properties within Euston Station for its delivery of the new high speed railway.
- Acting in the delivery of town centre regeneration schemes in Crawley, Maidstone, Dudley, Stafford and the Cotswolds backed by funding from the then Homes and Communities Agency (now Homes England).
- Advising a charity/landowner on strategic options and infrastructure agreements relating to the development of a new dual carriageway serving a 600 unit plus residential development to ensure the preservation of a national heritage site.
- Acting for a development agent backed by an American based investment fund in the acquisition of land for the development of industrial sheds for onward sale.
- Acting in the acquisition of a reservoir and advising on a development agreement for a new dam for a public sector client.
- Managing two portfolios of commercial units, within three separate shopping centres on behalf of local authority clients which includes; lease renewals, surrenders, licences, 1954 Act documentation, rent deposit deeds, assignments, underletting, separate service charge arrangements and settlement agreements.