Partner, Real Estate
Matt joined Rosenblatt in November 2017 having previously worked for Dentons UKMEA LLP and Speechly Bircham LLP (now Charles Russell Speechlys).
Matt specialises in general commercial real estate with a mixture of investment, development, finance, occupier and management work. Matt also has considerable experience dealing with distressed real estate on behalf of banks and insolvency practitioners.
Recent work includes:
- Acting on the acquisition of a portfolio of 15 mixed tenure petrol filling stations for a roadside retail operator.
- Acting on the acquisition and development of numerous new to industry petrol filling station sites for a roadside retail operator.
- Acting on the pre-let and forward sale of a Travelodge hotel.
- Acting on the pre-let, development and subsequent investment sales of numerous retail, industrial and office sites.
- Acting for a manufacturer on its land acquisition and subsequent development and financing of a bespoke distribution warehouse facility.
- Acting for liquidators on the disposal of a portfolio of over 140 freehold and leasehold pubs.
- Acting for administrators on the disposal of 5 mixed tenure business parks and associated management company structure.
- Acting for a hedge fund relocating to newly built office accommodation in the city and exiting them from their existing lease arrangements.
- Acting on numerous institutional office lettings for a leading developer and investor.