Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution
Tom is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team at Rosenblatt.
Tom has extensive experience of acting in multi-jurisdictional, high value commercial disputes, regulatory matters and investigations, often involving a fraud element.
Tom also has significant experience of acting both for and against sovereign entities.
Significant experience includes:
- Acting as English law conflict counsel for the SIPA trustee in the Madoff litigation, the largest Ponzi fraud of all time.
- Acting for a financial institution in a £1.5bn claim brought by a foreign tax authority, involving complex litigation in multiple jurisdictions.
- Acting for a sovereign bank entity in relation to a high value claim for breach of contract.
- Advising a former Minister in relation to his evidence to the Grenfell enquiry.
- Acting for the directors of a household name PLC in relation to claims for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of confidence made against its former CEO (Stobart Group Limited v William Andrew Tinkler  EWHC 258 (Comm)).
- Advising an FCA regulated company in relation to a high value tax investigation undertaken by a foreign regulator.
- Acting for a financial institution in relation to injunction and related proceedings in the Courts of the DIFC & related Federal proceedings in the American courts in relation to corporate raiding of employees ((1) ED&F Man Capital Markets MENA Limited, (2) ED&F Man Capital Markets Limited v (1) Sayyed Hussain, (2) RJ O’Brien MENA Capital Limited (3) Stephen Ghallami CFI 015/2018).
Tom was appointed as an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire by the Queen in her 2019 Birthday Honours List for public and political service.