Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution
Tom joined the Rosenblatt Dispute Resolution team in 2014. Having qualified in 2009 Tom has extensive experience acting in commercial disputes, company/shareholder disputes, banking disputes (including mis-selling of interest rate swap products) and negligence claims. Tom has particular experience of advising overseas clients from America, former USSR states and the Middle East.
Tom regularly advises clients on high value disputes & recovery actions and significant regulatory investigations with a multi-jurisdictional dynamic, often involving a fraud element.
Significant experience includes:
- Acting as English law conflict counsel for the SIPA trustee in the Madoff litigation, the largest Ponzi fraud of all time.
- Advising a regulated company in relation to a high value tax investigation undertaken by a foreign regulator.
- Advising investors in a failed film finance tax avoidance scheme in a claim for negligence against financial advisors.
- Acting for a financial institution in relation to injunction & related proceedings in the Courts of the DIFC & related Federal proceedings in the American courts in relation to corporate raising of employees ((1) ED&F Man Capital Markets MENA Limited (2) ED&F Man Capital Markets Limited v (1) Sayyed Hussain (2) RJ O’Brien MENA Capital Limited (3) Stephen Ghallami CFI 015/2018)).
- Acting for the directors of a household name PLC in relation to claims for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of confidence made by a household name PLC against its former CEO (Stobart Group Limited v William Andrew Tinkler  EWHC 258 (Comm)).
- Acting for an elite private members club in relation to various membership & commercial disputes.
Tom was appointed by the Queen as an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire in her 2019 Birthday Honours List for public and political service.