Rosenblatt Limited (“the Business”) is committed to providing an excellent standard of service to our clients and members of the general public, and all our staff share the responsibility of ensuring we achieve this. The Business is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA ID 629856). Our Business regards our complaints process as an opportunity to monitor and improve our quality of service. Any concerns or complaints you may have in relation to our services should be raised in the first instance in writing with the contact Partner for your matter. He/She will investigate the subject matter of the concern or complaint promptly, and attempt to resolve the issue to your and our mutual satisfaction.
What to do if you have a complaint about the service we have provided
If such a resolution cannot be achieved with the Partner handling your matter, or if the concern or complaint relates to the contact Partner himself/herself, you should:-
- Contact the Company’s Administration Director in writing setting out full details of your complaint. The Administration Director has been appointed to try to resolve disagreements between the Business and its clients. The Administration Director will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 business days and explain to you the procedure that the Business will follow to investigate the matter and try to resolve the complaint.
- The Administration Director will consider your complaint and carry out a full investigation and will endeavour to respond formally in writing to you within 21 days of the matter being brought to our attention. If the matter is complex and we feel it will take longer for us to fully investigate your complaint, we will contact you within 10 business days to give you an approximate timescale for when you can expect a full response to your complaint.
- Should the complaint in turn relate to the Business’ Administration Director then you should contact our Chief Executive Officer.
No charge will be made for the time spent by the contact Partner, Administration Director or Chief Executive Officer in investigating and responding to a complaint.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things such as dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
You can raise any concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority:
What to do if we are unable to resolve your complaint
If you remain dissatisfied after receiving the Administration Director’s or Chief Executive Officer’s report, the complaint or matter of concern can be referred to the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman’s contact details are as follows:-
The Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806
Wolverhampton, WV1 9JW
The Legal Ombudsman updated its rules with effect from 1 February 2013. Subject to the matters in this paragraph, any complaint made to the Legal Ombudsman must be made within 6 years of the date of the act/omission or 3 years from when the complainant should have known about the complaint. The Legal Ombudsman will not accept complaints where the act or date of awareness was before 6 October 2010. If after the completion of our complaints process you are still not satisfied, you have 12 months from receipt of our final written response to refer the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.
Some clients may not have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, for example:
- Some businesses;
- Charities or clubs with an annual income of more than £1million; or
- Trustees of a trust with an asset value of more than £1m.
If you fall into one of the above categories, then you still have the right to complain via our complaints procedure.
Professional Indemnity Insurance Details
The Business has in place professional indemnity insurance, details of which are set out below:
International Insurance Company of Hannover Plc
10 Fenchurch Street
London, EC3M 3BE
Policy No: B0808P8036663
Markel International Insurance Company Limited
20 Fenchurch Street
London, EC3M 3AZ
Policy No: B0808P8136669
Liberty Mutual Insurance
One Minster Court
London, EC3R 7YE
Policy No: B0808P8236785
Period from: 1st Apr 2018 – 31st Mar 2019
Great Lakes Insurance SE
30 Fenchurch Street
London, EC3M 3AJ
Period from: 1st Sept 2018 – 31st Mar 2019
Territory: Worldwide excluding USA & Canada