Rosenblatt’s Real Estate team provides crucial support to clients throughout the lifecycle of commercial properties – from acquisition, financing and development to letting, ongoing management and sale.
In working relationships, often built over many years, clients come to regard us as an extension of their own teams, trusting us both to protect and advance their commercial interests. They rely on our in-depth understanding of their business: we can identify their needs rapidly, interpret them astutely and achieve the desired result with optimum speed and efficiency.
Our lawyers ensure consistency and continuity in meeting the ever-changing needs of UK and overseas investors, developers, funders and occupiers. In addition to handling transactions, we cover the full range of real estate disputes for commercial and high value residential property, construction, property tax, insolvency and real estate finance.
Our work is varied across sectors and our clients include the likes of Countryside Properties plc, Canary Wharf Group, Rothschild Bank and Gerald Ronson CBE as well as his property interests. We are focused on growing their businesses, and those of all of our clients, by taking a dynamic approach to our work which is bolstered by our sharp commercial awareness.
Ultimately, we see ourselves as representatives for our client’s property interests. Thanks to our reputation among real estate professionals, and our knowledge of the market and emerging opportunities, we can provide additional commercial value to our clients, whether they already have significant portfolios or are starting out in the sector.
Recent examples of work undertaken:
- Acting on the acquisition and development of various strategic land sites, with gross development value in excess of £400 million.
- Acting in the asset sale of a portfolio of Hilton operated hotels.
- Acting on the acquisition, development, pre-letting and disposal of multiple commercial sites on behalf of a major UK developer.
- Acting on the pre-let and forward sale of a Travelodge hotel.
- Acting on the pre-let, development and subsequent investment sales of numerous supermarket sites.
- Acting on a new London headquarters letting for a major US corporate.
- Acting on the acquisition of portfolio of mixed tenure petrol filling stations for a roadside retail operator.
- Acting on the re-finance of a portfolio of over 100 properties.
- Acting on commercial landlord and tenant issues including service charge disputes, breaches of covenant and forfeiture, dilapidations, rent reviews, break clauses and statutory lease renewals.
Real Estate Team
Whilst the majority of the Real Estate teams time is involved with commercial property, they also have a wealth of experience in dealing with residential property for high-net-worth clients.
Details of our charging policy in respect to the sales and purchases of residential property can be found here.